Monday, April 23, 2007

"Happy Earth Day, Jerk!"

I am trying to be greener.

But, I know there is more that I can do. However, there is one thing that I don't do-- LITTER. On Saturday, Dave and I were at the gas station filling up. I noticed a man in a pick-up truck exit his vehicle and trying to look all cool, he tossed a cigarette butt on the ground. That hit a nerve with me.





I had my finger on the power window button and could feels the words, "Happy Earth Day, ASSHOLE" form in my throat. I didn't roll down the window and didn't say it. But, I was so angry.





One cigarette may not make a difference you say. Maybe not, but my biggest pet peeve is cigarette butts on the side of the road or in parking lots. It is just so inconsiderate! I wrote a piece about this as well, and you can read it by clicking here. I don't want to repeat it all here- but man, was I peeved at this loser. If you mus smoke, please, please, please be respectful not just of people around you, but Mother Earth, too.

No comments: