Monday, August 13, 2007

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for. I just forgot about it.

So.

What does a gal do when she has a semester's worth of Computer Science 115 work to cram into one evening? Simple. This is what she does:

1) She spends a few hours working on her creative writing class.
2) She adds applications and friends and photos to her ressurected FaceBook page.
3) She does a 50 question MySpace quiz.
4) She e-mails some pictures to friends.

Procrastination is evil. In fact, procrastination is what got me where I am tonight.

Oopps.

5) She blogs.

Okay, let me continue. So, as some of you know-- I was supposed to graduate last May, but during my senior audit, there were a few things that didn't add up. This was partially because there was a lapse in when I began my undergrad and when I decided to return as an adult learner. The graduation requirements changed duing this, um... decade. So, I was all set to take a challenge exam for Computer Science 115. I have worked with computers from as long as I could remember, so all parties are confident that I will pass. It was just a procrastination thing. I should have done this a year ago. I am doing it now.

I think part of it is psychological. I think that part of me just feels a certain amount of comfort at Wilkes and within the community. However, when I decided I wanted to pursue my MA in Creative Writing, I really kicked my ass in gear. Luckily for me there is a certificate version of the program-- I was accepted to the program, but since I did not officially hold the BA, I am enrolled as a certificate student. However, all that will change tomorrow.

Pending passing the test- which I am condifent I will- I will finally- after TEN YEARS- earn my BA in Communication Studies with my minor (almost double major) in sociology. I will FINALLY walk across the stage in September.

So- I need to not be TOO confident. I need to read the text book Dr. Lew let me borrow. I did read through it over the past few months, but since I scheduled the exam, I forgot. Today when I came home from work I realized that it was tomorrow.

So. Here I cram. It's okay. Cramming's all I know how to do. With the exception of one or two 2.5 and 3.0's- I've been successful in academia waiting until the last minute. Why stop that pattern now?

I found an online practice area for-- don't laught-- junior high computer classes. I took several practice tests and scored well-- face it- technology is being taught younger and younger these days so these practice exams are helping. If only I wouldn't blog, or MySpace or FaceBook or work of the MA coursework between.....

1 comment:

Simon said...

Imagine what your life will be like if you're a Computer Science major.