Monday, February 4, 2008

My Nightmare- Was it from eating too much?

I ate entirely too much at Jackie's SuperBowl party. I had six or seven beers, but I wouldn't say I was drunk. I think I had too much food to get drunk. Everything was so freakin' good, I just couldn't stop eating.

So, I think my digestive system was just freaked out and on overload that it sent all sorts of strange signals to my brain, which then turned into a massive nightmare.

When we got home from Jackie's, I crashed on the loveseat. Dave went upstairs to bed. Then around 1:30ish, he heard me screaming bloody murder:

"HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME! SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP ME!!!"

His heart was racing and he ran to see that I was just having a nightmare. What was so strange was that my cat, Spectra was lying content on my tummy like nothing happened. She must be used to my strange sleeping habits.

But yeah- I was being chased I think, and it was one of those nightmares where you are screaming but nothing is coming out. So you keep trying to yell. I guess in real life I was screaming because it woke Dave out of a sound sleep and he was upstairs.

I was literally sleeping and laying down, but when he got me up and back to reality, I was panting, out of breath and my heart was racing so fast- I made him feel my chest (come on, mind outta the gutter!)... it was one of the worst nightmares I had in a long time, at least in my body's reaction to it.

But yeah- my cat just laid there. That's the funny part. I can laugh now that I realized no bad guy was chasing me and I have my voice back.

www.thedreamdrawer.com if you are interested in what dreams mean.

No comments: