Sunday, September 16, 2007

I work for one of the fastest growing companies in America! Inc 500! Plus, CCR interview!

Woo hoo. I know I just started at Solid Cactus, so I am not a part of its success (yet) but I am damn proud to work there. We were just named to the Inc. 500 at #255 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in America."


That's a HUGE accomplishment considering just how many private companies there really are in America. So kudos to our owners, officers and everyone who helped make this distinction!

The company had special Inc. 500 t-shirts made and we had a company photo and then a slew of us went out to Fuse to celebrate, all donning the t-shirts. It was a good time! Here is the whole company (I am on the bottom row, third from the left):


CCR- Credence Clearwater Revisited
For those of you who know me, you know that I love CCR. So, I was thrilled when I got an e-mail out of the blue from the band's publicist, Wendy asking me if I could do an interview with one of the members for their upcoming show at the Bloomsburg Fair. My editor okayed it and I spoke with the original drummer Cosmo (Doug Clifford). That was a big highlight for me. I've been fortunate to be able to interview lots of cool people, but this is the first person from my fave era of music and one of my life-long favorite bands that I have interviewed. Look for the story in this Weds.'s Weekender.

Doug was very open and extremely cool to talk to. I didn't want to bring up anything about Fogerty.... For those that don't know- this new CCR (with the R meaning revisited, not revival) is made up of two original CCR members and three new guys-- but all the same hits! They also have an album out: Recollection.

Credence Clearwater Revisited will be at the Bloomsburg Fair on Weds. Sept. 26. Check them out.

BONUS MATERIAL: A Funny Dream About CCR Music
In other CCR news-- and this is something that I did not Doug in my interview-- a few years ago I was overplaying my CCR Chronicle: 20 Greatest Hits CD and I guess it went into my dreams. I had this dream that there was a Flintstones Musical and Fred and the gang had headset microphones on and they were singing to the tune of "Up and Around the Bend" only it went like this:

The Flintstones Are Back Again/We're Coming Up and Around the Bed (yes, as in Bedrock!)

and then instead of "Doo Doo Doo, Doo Dooo Doo, Do, Do Do Doooo...." it was

YabbaDoo/YabbaDoo/Yabba Do Do

Yeah. I did that. In my head. In my sleep. Yeah. If you think I'm nuts when I am awake, you should see my dreams... Incase you forget how the song goes- here is a link to a video.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Corporate bonding is always a good thing.