Saturday, December 29, 2007

Most of My Amazon Wishlist Came True

I am swimming in books and I like it. I like it a lot.


I could barely carry the bag from my mom's house on Christmas. She got me about a dozen books on my Amazon.com wishlist. I am so happy! Dave also got me Naked, by David Sedaris- a memoir of I have dying to read. And speaking of memoirs, I also from my mom recieved the much-anticiapted I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.


Since have decided to write non-fiction and most likely a memoir for my MA in creative writing, I've decided that I need to read all the fun memoirs I can find. Augusten Burroughs is my hero, but I also know I need to read David Sedaris and his sister. Also, Tucker Max.




I Hope They Serve Beer in hell is not only something that I really hope for in real life since I will probably join all the other fun people in hell, but also the name of a memoir by Tucker Max. He's horrible and mean and HILARIOUS. This was the first book that I read from my Christmas presents. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell is freaking amazing. I am only up to Chapter Five- but just from reading this book, I know that my style is similar to his and I also know that I could be successful because I have similar material.

I think that me being a girl and writing a memoir of this style will be very cool. Chelsea Handler wrote a book about her one night stands. And Diablo wrote a memoir (like Tucker, first it was a blog) on stripping. I mean- there is a market for these self-depricating memoirs.
So- I am hoping to learn some things from my Amazon Wishlist about life. writing, the writing life and also about the 60s and the secular life. Good stuff.

No comments: