Thursday, October 25, 2007

Storage Issues: Clutter and More

I have a lot of stuff. And I don't want to part with it. Until we can build an addition and until I get a bigger desk, I must deal with piles of papers. As a writer, you can imagine the accumulation of clips from the last seven years. I only have one filing cabinet and that's been full for years. Since I have a laptop, I now just have a writing desk- so I need something bigger. We only have a two-bedroom house, so right now we share the spare bedroom as an office/gym/closet- so you can see why I don't have me dream writing nook.

I think it is going to be my new year's resolution this year to become organized. I have been asking Dave for years to build my dream wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling bookshelf and storage unit. That's my dream. Plenty of room for all my books and cool memorobilia from my radio & music days-- then cabinets below to store (hide) pictures, files, junk, etc. I've been spending a lot of time looking online for temporary fixes for all my stuff-- but I haven't bought anything yet. In fact, one of my clients I was speaking with is the catalog manager of an organizing site and she is sending me a catalog! But-- Dave tells me where to put it.... haha. But he has an organized garage. But, I was looking at some storage solutionsthat could even work for him at a place called Car Guys Garage. He actually just bought TWO old '67 Chevy's- one for parts and one to rebuild. So-- he has his space and I need my dream office.

One day....

No comments: