Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sweet Dreams Tea & a GMC Yukon Recall

This blog is about two things I love: getting a good night's sleep and proving that I am right!

I LOVE TEA!
I always loved tea, and more specifically green tea, but I always forget about it and just drown myself into caffeinated oblivion with coffee or Red Bull or Monster Energy. So last week, I had the plague. I was so congested from my head to my nose to my chest. I tried everything: Benadryl, Mucinex, Sudafed, Coldeez and Therflu. Nothing seemed to work. So I pushed through work during the week and over the weekend, I decided to just drink hot green tea with honey and sleep. By Monday- I felt like a brand new person!! I guess the Eastern Way knew all along.

So, Monday night when I went grocery shopping I decided that I would buy a bunch of tea. Yes. I would become a tea drinker instead of a coffee drinker. Then I stumbled upon Bigelow Tea brand's Sweet Dreams tea with chamomille and peppermint. Since it's for bedtime, it's noncaffienated. So, I made myself a glass and went to bed. The tea tasted wonderful, and smelled so calming. I read for a little while then shut off the light. I could smell the relaxing scent of the chamomille and as I inhaled and exhaled, I could feel it calming me. Next thing I knew, it was 6am and time to get up. The tea knocked me out. I've had the best sleeping week of my life I think with Bigelow Tea - and the Sweet Dreams flavor. Even better than with my melatonin!

I KNEW IT!
So- if you read my blog post from a few days ago, you read about my running out of gas. Truth be told, I honestly thought I could make it. Last June, I had a similar even happen to me on my lunch break at work during a travel. And my coworkers busted me. I swore to Dave that I didn't run out of gas. So- Monday in the mail we get a RECALL letter from GMC.

THERE IS A MALFUNCTION WITH OUR GAS GAUGE: IT STICKS.

See. I knew it. I knew that by what the gauge said, that I had gas. I didn't let it get down to E from what I could see! In a twisted way, I am happy that this recall letter came. I can salvage my reputation.... ; )

1 comment:

Simon said...

I'm a tea lover too. I read somewhere that tea can even cure cancer.